12.06.2008

Updates

Thank you for your prayers concerning Rev. Clark. He has decided that the Lord desires him to stay where he is. He is supplying the pulpit for a small church that he feels led to stay at for now. However, good news came from this week's consistory meeting.....4 new names of men that may be interested from the Orthodox Presbyterian denomination. We're a small denomination (Reformed Church in US) with a dwindling number of pastors (due to heavy retirement in recent years) and so we are faced with some unique challenges. However, God is faithful and sovereign and we know that he has the right man out there for our congregation...and I know it will happen in His time, not mine! Anyway, please continue to pray with us as 2 of these men come in the near future to preach in our church. Pray that our congregation will be open to hearing what the Lord would have us do. Thank you again for your prayers and I will keep you posted!:)

___________________________________________________


Emma fell off her horse during her riding lesson on Wednesday. Basically, the horse tripped and (because horses are stupid) then panicked and started jumping around and she came off. She's fine, but it was the first time she's ever fallen off....which means it's the first time my heart has ever jumped out my chest and the first time my feet ran before my head knew what they were doing. :-) However, I fought the overwhelming urge to jump the fence, scoop her up, shoot the horse in the head and go home. I let her instructor handle it.....who later told me she had all the same inclinations that I did, but fought them back for Emma's sake! Funny how moms all think the same! :-) Anyway, she got right back on and other than a little rope burn from not letting go of the reigns, no permanent damage! Plus, dad is super proud, high-fiving her and acting like a typical man about it! He has told all of his clients and friends and they all act like she's joined some kind of club and can now be accepted as a real cowgirl.....and he's been giving her pointers for telling other people, "Say you got bucked off, not fell off....it sounds better!" (Insert me rolling my eyes here!)

3 comments:

~ Kati said...

Aghh! How scary! So glad she's ok. My 1st reaction would be to never let her get on a horse again! Guess that's why God gave them father's too...!

Talia said...

I'm so glad Emma is ok!! I cannot even imagined how freaked out I would have been. It cracks me up about Jake. Sigh. Men. :)

sorry to hear about Rev. Clark-- but we'll all keep praying and waiting for God's perfect pick for your church!

Sunny said...

I am glad you blog about church and what's going on there because it's the only way I know what is happening, haha!

I am so glad Emma is okay! Yikes, that would take anyone's breath away.

Blog Archive